From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2011 15:16:17 -0400
a simplistic answer but yes you do. there have been cases in the past couple
of years where employees have shared articles or other copyrighted materials
on an intranet. The copyright owner found out (how I don't know), sued and
was awarded damages.

here is an example
"Take for example the case of *Lowry's Reports, Inc. v. Legg Mason,
Inc.*Legg Mason, a financial services firm based in Maryland, had
subscribed to a
financial newsletter published by Lowry's Reports but failed to abide by the
terms of the license agreement. Although duplication and re-transmission
were prohibited under the terms of subscription, Legg Mason employees posted
the newsletter on the company's intranet and sent multiple copies via e-mail
and fax to other members of the organization. "
http://www.intranetjournal.com/articles/200510/ij_10_07_05a.html

case details
http://www.internetlibrary.com/cases/lib_case520.cfm

http://www.wlf.org/litigating/case_detail.asp?id=300