From:
Janet Karasz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jul 2011 10:47:03 -0600
I have recently joined this list, and I see it recommends that newcomers
introduce themselves. I am a career Records Manager, starting over
twenty-five years ago with the Government of Alberta, Canada. I've held
progressively responsible positions ever since, remaining in the public
service until last year. Since then I've started my own consultancy (Plato's
Gnat Ltd. <http://www.platosgnat.com/>) and taken on assignments in the
utility and municipal sectors. I have now taken a new permanent position
with Grande Cache Coal Corporation, which means a new sort of move. I also
am a part-time instructor in the e-records continuing education program at
NAIT <http://www.nait.ca/>.

Some achievements that stand out:

   - Moving a warehouse of 3,000 boxes, on a tight schedule, with no boxes
   missed or lost.
   - Process diagramming training, giving me a new perspective on the
   relationship between process and design.
   - Achieving a service excellence award, Fish-E, involving my clients and
   staff to play and engage with intention (Based on Pike's Place
Fish<http://www.pikeplacefish.com/philosophy.html>
   )
   - Senior Records Officer and Manager

I have enjoyed the discussions and topics from list digest so far. The
topics are current and thoughtful. Thank you for the recommendation, Sandie
Bradley.

Janet Karasz
Plato's Gnat Ltd.

P.S. Why plato's gnat? A greek philosopher was nicknamed the "Gnat of
Athens" for the niggling questions that needed to be asked. I have always
enjoyed the imagery. I challenge my colleagues to consider the information
implications of their business, to address the uncertain unknown.