Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2011 15:41:14 -0700
Have it, but it doesn't reflect the Canadian rules.   Oh ... Washington State has codified the 1985 NARUC as the bible for the private companies within Washington State.  3  companies.   Public sector follows current FERC and state laws.   I totally disagree with the Washington Utility & Transportation Commissioner on using a Private Associations retention schedule that has requirements longer than the legal requirements the Fed's and state.

 Many areas in the FERC (125.3 / 225.3) were reduced in the 2008 revision the retention while the NARUC schedule increased some.   I understand some of the rationale, but, my main objection is the use of the NARUC retention schedule period.  While the membership in the association are public employees, the association itself is a private association.   The retention periods appear to be based on the longest retention requirement established by one of the states who contributed to the development of the product.

Now, after bad mouthing, I highly recommend any utility, public or private, to purchase a copy of the NARUC schedule and use it a reference guide of what type records you would find in a utility company (gas or electric).   It provides great guidance for user.  Last time I purchased the NARUC retention guide it was $20.00.

Robert W Dalton, CRM
Dalton Consulting
253-229-4555