From:
Wayne Hoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Aug 2011 09:47:26 -0400
I am trying to steer my company towards better email management, now
starting to develop policy and hoping to implement a 3-zone email
management and retention plan in the next 2 years.  One comment in this
article jumped out at me.  The author says that capturing email in an
ERMS "has not worked out as well as expected," seeming to have agreement
from other speakers as well.

Is this true?  I don't want to push for a solution that has shown in practice
not to work in the real world.  Given that there are definitely inherent issues
with managing email, can some of you speak to the issue?  I'm thinking of both
successes and failures with managing email in an ERMS, and what you might
do differently if you could.

Much thanks.

Wayne Hoff, CRM
Calgary, AB