From:
Tom Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Aug 2011 11:43:05 -0500
Haven't thought this through, but wouldn't allowing a simple records
destruction for a storage vendor with a non-paying customer, couldn't it in
certain circumstances, incentivize a desperate and failing company which
could possibly anticipate the potential of litigation to stop paying their
storage vendor and facilitate the records destruction indirectly.  Sort of
an "Ooops, we missed those storage invoices." The company of course would
remain liable, not the storage vendor, but it still seems an unfair risk to
those who could have cases to prove which those records might be relevant
to.  I'm sure here would be sufficient checks and balances to make this
unlikely, but if the destruction occurs and there are records which were
relevant.