From:
John Montana <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Aug 2011 13:46:30 -0400
It's worth noting  that the outcomes in a situation like this would vary dramatically depending on the country in which it occurred. For things like personal medical information, there is arguably some wiggle room in the United States, but if you tried the same thing in Europe, you would undoubtedly find yourself in very deep trouble since there is a large and growing body of law which expressly protects the privacy rights of the individual and likewise expressly forbids any custodian of such information from disposing of it in the manner which violates those rights. And, the European authorities enforce those laws and those rights very vigorously.

Best regards,

John
John Montaņa
Montaņa & Associates