Date:
Fri, 12 Aug 2011 16:04:42 -0500
I would point out that it isn't necessarily the media type that needs retention it is the content so moving the paper to electronic is accepted.  I think the issue is of those 7000 boxes how many of those records are on legal hold?  If they are on legal hold even if you scan them you will not,  typically, be able to dispose of them even if they are exact duplicates.

Rob