From:
"Link, Gary M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Aug 2011 07:39:46 -0400
Regarding the survey of states' acceptance of digital signatures on
Larry's provided link: My understanding is that the "wet seal", or ink
signature on paper, applies only to the set of documents submitted
(actually handed over) to the gov't agency for approval, i.e., the local
building code office or state L&I office, etc. It means that the office
will only accept wet seal documents for the submission. The rules do not
apply to the copy of the submission kept by the engineering firm for its
own records. So if the engineering firm wanted to reformat its own
record copies of its submission documents, I do not believe that these
state requirements preclude it from doing so.

Gary Link, CRM
Pittsburgh, PA