From:
Greg Schildmeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 2011 21:53:00 -0400
If by "substantial change over the years" you are implying "significant
weakening of the qualification standard which was in itself a major part of
the certification process" then I couldn't agree more.  To my thinking,
providing documented evidence that a candidate has substantive experience in
this profession is more than just "jump[ing] through administrative
hurdles."  Being able to get 70 points on a bunch of multiple choice tests
and write a convincing paper doesn't make a person a records management
expert; it just shows they're good test takers.

I'm curious how this decision was reached - the process and the reason.  Was
the general ICRM membership ever advised or polled about this change?  If
so, I apologize for missing the memo.

Greg Schildmeyer, CRM
Jefferson City, MO/Washington, DC