From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2011 07:59:19 -0400
On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 5:02 AM, NKhramtsovsky <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Please forgive the outsider, but IMHO the discussion doesn't touch the real
> question: how much the employers will value new CRM designations?
> Personally, I don't believe in "professionals" with 1-2 years of
>  experience, - exams or not :)

Natasha.

this is why job postings contain a variety  of qualifications that an
applicant must have for a position. one of the key qualifications listed is
the years of experience. For example if a position posting says the
applicant must have 7-10 years experience and a CRM is preferred. would an
employer select a CRM with 2 years experience over a professional with 10
years experience? I think not. The employer may ask the applicant with 10
yrs experience why they don't have the designation, but to hire some with
lesser experience just because they have the certification makes no sense at
all.

Now let us look at a different scenario two applicant for a position for
which you must have a minimum of 2 years experienced and the CRM is
desirable. you get 2 applicants both with the same number of years
experience ie 2, but one has the designation the other doesn't. The employer
knows what it takes to get the certification. and understands that the
certification baselines an individuals knowledge. All things being equal the
employer will lean towards hiring the individual with the designation.

Granted these are simplistic, but if anyone has ever written a job posting
or interviewed job applicants you know that the hiring process is not as
simple as "do you have X designation?"

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va