From:
Diane Carlisle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Aug 2011 12:02:41 -0500
You're right - that early registration deadline is looming..... (September 1st - as published on the ARMA website....)

Here are a few additional details that may help people make decisions - it's a great value again this year!

The core conference is 3 days this year - it's a response to input from the conference attendees. People wanted a shorter conference, so they don't have to be away from the office as long. Within those 3 days, we wanted to still offer a great number and variety of sessions. We have nearly 100 sessions available for people to attend - which is actually MORE sessions than we had last year. And, we've added a couple of exciting sessions to capitalize on hot topics and highly qualified speakers. "Discovery in a Virtual World: A Mock 'Meet and Confer' in Federal Court" will take place on Monday, from 10:30-noon, featuring The Hon. Ron Hedges and law instructors from Georgetown University and the Sedona Conference will give us an inside look on meet and confer sessions. Debra Logan from Gartner Inc. will give us a presentation from Gartner's perspective on information security trends. And Nuala O'Connor, senior counsel, information governance and privacy for GE, will give a presentation on the intersection between information governance and privacy.

The MER track is a separate event with a separate registration fee. If you want to attend it AND the full ARMA conference, there is a $200 discount on the MER registration. So, what about those sessions on Tuesday that you would miss by being in the MER track? Nearly all of the sessions will be recorded this year and offered as web seminars. IF you pay for the full conference, you'll have free access to the recorded sessions at no additional charge!

Even if you can't come to conference - it's worthwhile to look at the conference schedule. Since we are recording the core education sessions, you'll have an opportunity to purchase them as web seminars after conference.

Hopefully this helps - it's going to be a great conference and we are excited to see you all there!

Regards,
Diane
Diane K. Carlisle, CRM
Deputy Executive Director / Sr. Director, Content Development

ARMA International
11880 College Blvd., Suite 450
Overland Park, KS 66210 USA
+1 913.312.1742