From:
Angel Ramos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Sep 2011 15:07:45 +0000
Hugh and Peter,
In addition to employees, companies also face risks when social media sites change the playing rules, e.g. Facebook on blocking comments on company blogs.

http://www.eyeonfda.com/eye_on_fda/2011/09/reflections-on-an-abyss-the-facebook-policy-change.html

 www.porternovelli.com/...hand-facebooks-policy-change-and-the-future-of-pharmaceuticals

Re: Subject: Re: Since you asked (Humor but on topic?)
Hugh,
It sounds like there may have been a breach in etiquette when people you didn't know connected with you.  But you can still opt to not accept the connection invite.  You should definitely ask for a password reset.  We all do.  Go here for help on changing your password or email, so you can add filter block on your personal information and add Bio details if you want.

https://help.linkedin.com/

Linked In recommends you connect only with those you know.

https://help.linkedin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1303/kw/accepting%20connections

You may want to connect with those who know "friends" of yours, but check their Linked In page before accepting an invitation.  In the Web 2.0 world, a friend is more of a "friendly" than someone you met from the last ListServ party.  You can find more detailed social networking adviceChris Brogan's Social Media 101 and his blog -
www.chrisbrogan.com/considering-social-network-etiquette/.

Corporations need social media policies in place because they can regulate what employees do 8 x 5, but not what they do 24/7.  The advice comes from a webinar given by Nancy Flynn through www.epolicyinstitute.com
Ms. Flynn may have a new Social Media Rules book out this Fall.  Whether corporations adopt or this new medium or not, we as RIM professionals need to expose and position ourselves at the bleeding edge
 of the Web 2.0, Semantic Web, and other new information streams if we
are to have meaningful advice to offer our clients.

My opinion,
Angel Ramos, CRM
Canonsburg, PA

> Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 08:53:20 -0400
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Since you asked (Humor but on topic?)
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> What are the new risks that LinkedIn brings to those who participate?  I am often asked to Link with someone and I am wondering what new risks this brings?
>
> I am being asked to "Link" by people who possess 500 LinkedIn connections. People with no real reason to be linked except for the thrill of having the most links.
>
> I have never filled in my LinkedIn Bio because I don't know my own password and I am embarrassed to ask LinkedIn because I have a huge amount of Links and don't know my own password.
>
> Should corporations forbid their employees from joining anything? LinkedIn and Facebook, My Space, and so on as each is an added layer of risk. When you view them in the way that the CIA or a hacker can cull each and every fact and put them in a folder; are we making ourselves more exposed?  When LinkedIn started sending me discussions from different groups based on my associates, they made me think "How do I disconnect?"

be%20RECMGMT-L