From:
Nolene Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Oct 2011 21:26:47 -0700
If you can find a copy, get ARMA's "Record Retention Guidelines for US Based Real Estate Organizations." It's pretty old, but does have all the categories you'd likely be looking for and does give the citations that were in place at the time of publication. They are US-based, but could be a guide for the types of Canadian laws that might apply and could be a starting point for your own research. The below link might be for the book -- not sure because the image isn't what I have (but it looks like a generic placeholder image).

http://books.google.com/books/about/Records_Retention_Guidelines_for_U_S_Bas.html?id=7GG-PQAACAAJ

Nolene Sherman

Records Manager since 1996. Gone wonky since 1998.