From:
Rachel Hardiman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 2012 10:22:52 +0100
Hello list,

I introduced myself in the dim and distant past, but since I lie lurking
most of the time, I will just briefly do so again before presuming to
benefit form your collective wisdom. I am currently working as a Records
Management consultant to the Staff Council of the Organisation for the
Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) in The Hague; before that, I was
Records Manager for the UN National Health Service Business Services
Authority, Senior Research Assistant on Northumbria University's AC+erm
research project on Electronic Records Management, and Records Officer at
the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain.

My current project involves drawing up advice, procedures, and guidance for
managing a small but significant set of hard-copy and digital records. The
digital records are created and stored within a typical office software
environment: we use MS Office 2003 products for all but e-mail, which is
delivered through Lotus Notes.

It is the latter that provides the biggest headache to managing the records
/ information in an integrated way; 'real' ERMS / ECM solutions or anything
like them are out of the question, but I was rather intrigued by the
possibilities of Swing PDF Converter, which appears to enable e-mails to be
exported individually or in bulk from Lotus Notes to PDF 'packages' which
preserve associated attachments and associated metadata and provides a
viewer to give a more native Notes feel to browsing.
http://www.swingsoftware.com/pdf-converter/overview

So, my question to the list is, have you ever used or evaluated this
software and, if so, would you be prepared to share the fruits of your
experience either on- or off-list?

Thanks and best regards,

Rachel Hardiman

Records Management Consultant