From:
"Vandenberg, Erin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2012 14:08:29 -0500
My department is in the process of trying to get our Tax department to
sign off on our document management system as a place for budget
managers to store images of procurement card receipts (essentially,
university credit card receipts) and allow the hard copies to be
shredded after scanning.  I've reviewed IRS Revenue Procedure 97-22
which lays out the requirements of electronic storage systems and our
document management system seems to fit all the criteria. However, our
Tax department wants an official sign-off or certification from either
the IRS or the software company.   The Revenue Procedure indicates that
only the District Director can "test" the system and deem it worthy but
my research shows me that the IRS got rid of District Directors years
ago.  Any suggestions on what steps my department can take next?

Thanks!

Erin Vandenberg

Director of Records Management

Office of the Secretary