From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2012 12:34:05 -0700
Obviously this is not tax or legal advice, but...

If you can demonstrate the process for capture of the images sufficiently
guarantees the quality and the images are adequately protected and stored
and can be produced in support of a claim or audit, you shouldn't have a
problem.

You'll have to capture adequate metadata to support the images and locate
them in the future, so if this is a "new practice" for your organization,
developing a file naming convention and a procedure for scanning/capture
MIGHT NOT BE a bad idea =)

Larry
*Lawrence J. Medina
Danville, CA