From:
Brent Reid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2012 12:16:40 -0400
Susan,

[>] As an integrator who performs configurations and customizations, I know
of no way to even ballpark what a percentage Professional services takes of
an entire implementation cost.

There are too many variables, and due to the variables, the Professional
services could be 10% or 80% of the entire cost.

How many users, how many locations, how many servers, what modules are being
implemented, how much customization is being done to each module, how many
different departments will be using the software ? Will they each need a
different configuration? Is there imaging involved ? do you already have a
File Plan ?

Are just a few questions off the top of my head that would all affect the
amount of Professional Services necessary for a given implementation.

I have done implementations for 25 users that only took a few weeks, and the
percentage of Professional Services was probably about 35%.
I have 3 people working on another project doing customizations for about
1,200 users, and they have been on-site for over 6 years. I don't have a
clue as to the overall cost of the project, as we aren't involved in
hardware acquisition, but 6 years x 3 full time consultants makes me guess
that the Professional Services could easily be 70% of the cost of the
system.

I'm sorry this doesn't help, but I'm not sure there is an answer that will
do you any good.

Brent Reid
Alexandri

[>]
I realize that it depends upon exact work, level of customization,
magnitude, etc. but I'm interested in your thoughts about a ballpark
estimate for professional services as a % of document (content)management
and records management governance software acquisition/deployment.