From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2012 12:28:10 -0600
Hi all,

I know it's that time of year when many thoughts turn to....Spring Seminars!
Just a reminder that AIIM is happy to approve your Spring Seminar or other
chapter meetings for Certified Information Professional continuing education
credits - CEUs are not limited to only AIIM or AIIM-involved events.

As with most other certifications, we grant 1 CEU for every contact hour of
educational content. So breaks and purely social events don't count. But
chapter meetings, webinars, spring seminars, certificate courses, and the
like all would regardless of who the sponsoring organization is and as long
as it's related to the CIP domains.

So if you want us to approve your event, simply send a note with a
description of the event and a brochure or link to [log in to unmask]
and we'll get it reviewed.

I wrote a longish blog post about the CIP and CEUs in February - you can
find it at
http://www.aiim.org/community/blogs/expert/CIP-and-Continuing-Education

or

http://is.gd/cLvPLd.

And of course if you haven't already applied to the ICRM for CMPs you should
do that as well. :)

Regards,

Jesse Wilkins, CIP, CRM

CertInfoProf-RGB