From:
Pat Franks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2012 15:38:22 -0400
HI all,

>>no, it is not a peer-reviewed scholarly journal.  As the name reflects, it
is a trade magazine (and IMO, a valuable one). As I recall, there was quite
the discussion on the list a couple of years ago on this very topic>>

A few of us conducted a preliminary survey two years ago to determine the
interest in supporting a peer review journal for RIM.  From that a more
comprehensive survey was developed. That second survey was sent on to two
graduating student researchers from UBC who had this past year received
funding from ARMA's AIEF to conduct the survey.  They have conducted their
research and are preparing a report on the topic to be submitted to AIEF.

We do believe progress is being made and that a new scholarly, peer-reviewed
journal on topics related to RIM will soon become a reality.

Pat