From:
Fern Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2012 07:39:39 -0600
Renee
In addition to retention schedule, you will need to know the age of the
materiel and whether any of it is ever retrieved for reference use. During
retrieval you could inventory. You could set an arbitrary date such as ten
years if it is never used, and while disposing check for certain information
required by law to be retained for the organization. Check with your legal
department for help. The other question is whether these are duplicated in
digital form or whether duplicates exist elsewhere?

Fern Phillips, CRM
www.pfern.info
www.fernsblog.wordpress.com