From:
"Bergeron, Paul" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2012 22:10:46 +0000
The International Institute of Municipal Clerks and the National Association of Government Archives and Records Administrators are revising 12 of their 13 records management bulletins published between 1992 and 2000 and adding four new titles on electronic records.  The 16 - 24 page technical bulletins will focus on the basic principles, policies and guidelines that should be followed in establishing effective local government records management programs.

The intended audience is town and city officials who have responsibility for the custody and care of their communities' historical records but who have little training, little experience, little knowledge, little time, and few resources available to meet those responsibilities.  The content of these bulletins, therefore, will be basic, informative, and easy-to-understand.  They will also be made available -- for free download -- on IIMC's and NAGARA's websites, once published.

This project is being supported by a grant from NHPRC.

We are in search of photos and/or illustrations that could be used to support the text of these records management bulletins.  If you have photos or artwork that you would be willing to share for this purpose, we would very much appreciate your contributions.  Photos or illustrations should be in the public domain, but if not, we would need permission to use those materials if chosen to be included in the bulletins.  There is no reimbursement or payment for use of any contributed artwork.

Please forward the artwork to me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> along with a cutline describing the photo or illustration and the source so that we can give proper credit for your contribution.  Please do not send any material that would become quickly dated - or already is (i.e., leisure suits, 80's big hair styles, CRT monitors, etc.)  Please understand, also, that not all contributions will be used.  We will select the photos and illustrations that best serve our needs within the limits of white space that we are seeking to fill and/or text that we are seeking to illustrate.

Following are the titles of the publications for which we are looking to obtain graphics:

Starting a Records Management Program
The Daily Management of Records and Information
Making Your Records Management Program Successful
Managing Records on Limited Resources
Funding Your Records Management Project
Identifying and Locating Your Records
Establishing Records Retention
The Selection and Development of Local Government Storage Facilities
Developing a Records Storage System
Archival Programs for Local Governments
Protecting Records
Using and Storing Microfilm
E-Mail Management
Selecting and Using Document Imaging Systems
Managing Electronic Records
Preparing for eDiscovery

Thank you, so much, for your consideration and assistance with our project!

Paul Bergeron
President, NAGARA
Office of the City Clerk
229 Main Street