From:
vlemieux <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2012 17:14:21 -0700
Hi Debi, I'll introduce myself since I don't post to the list too often, my
name is Vicki Lemieux and I'm a professor at the University of British
Columbia and Director of the Centre for the Investigation of Financial
Electronic Records.

DFA, the Commodities and Futures Trading Commission on 18 May issued its
Final Rule on Swap Data Recordkeeping and Reporting Requirements for
Pre-Dodd-Frank and Transition Swaps.  Here's a link to the text in the
federal register:
http://www.cftc.gov/ucm/groups/public/@lrfederalregister/documents/file/2012
-12531a.pdf.

Among the new requirements, which go much broader than retention into such
matters as reporting and registration of derivatives, the CFTC sets out
several requirements for retention of various types of swaps records in
chapter 46.2 of the rules.

I hope this info is helpful.

Vicki.