From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2012 11:51:11 -0400
Sharon:
Is there an index for each reel stored somewhere?  Many early microfilm programs included indexing what was placed on each reel.  If, however, the reels were filmed using bar code retrieval of images, then there might have been a computerized index somewhere that may no longer exist.  If there are no existing indexes, then the only way to determine what is on each reel in enough detail to generate a descriptive metadata inventory is to look at the images on the reels one at a time.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM, FAI)
Records Manager
Information Technology Division