From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2013 12:12:07 -0700
I'm all for having Cum-By-Ya moments and everyone sitting around the Great
Table in the Great Room and coming to common thought processes on a "Help
Me Help You HELP US" basis... but many times the way these things are
presented is more like:

 Man, we've got way too much data and we have to get rid of a bunch of this
cuz it's expensive to manage.

The point I was making is some of these same people (or their predecessors)
are the ones who created these problems with the "storage is cheap"
mentality instead of looking for common solutions at that time... even
though many of those of us in RM were telling them then, that it REALLY
WASN'T CHEAP... which is what they're realizing now.

"I don't have a problem with data storage, I can QUIT ANY TIME... it's not
a problem for anyone else"

Or insert whatever 12-step excuse and mantra you choose... but now they're
taking the first step to recovery, admitting there is a problem, just not
owning up to who created it.

And no, it doesn't solve anything by pointing the finger and assigning
blame, but a little credit where credit is due might be in order.  I'd much
prefer this to seeing those who created the problem being credited with
solving it now and hoisting the flags to represent themselves as heroes of
fiscal conservancy.

Larry

--
*Lawrence J. Medina