From:
Fred Pulzello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 May 2013 10:56:31 -0400
Listserve members,

I have an information request on behalf of a client.  Feel free to respond to me off line if you prefer.  I will sanitize and share responses with individual respondents and post a summary to the list as I think this information will benefit most of us.  Real world examples or reference sources would be great.

Here’s the use case:
A large US based retail organization is looking to centralizing physical records under a central Records Management Department.  Current state is decentralized where business records are controlled at the departmental level, stored locally in the office space, and Records Managements’ role comes into play only when establishing retention periods and managing boxes of documents once they are sent to a self-managed RM storage facility.

The plan is to take control of all hard copy business records currently located throughout the company.
They are looking for information from bench marking cases, professional recommendations, risk statistics, etc. to build the business case and ROI.

Any information from other companies than have under gone this change and willing to share would be most appreciated.
Retail would be great but other industries would be helpful as well
Are there dollar amounts that can be calculated for risks they can face.  Such as:
·        Lost Documents
·        Legal risks if not able to locate requested documents
·        Legal risks if they have documents that have surpassed our records retention schedule

You can either respond to the list, or off line to me directly at: [log in to unmask]

I am on digest mode so will take a day or two to respond.  I will summarize the findings and share with the list next week.

Thank you in advance for your participation,

Fred

Fred A. Pulzello, MBA, CRM
http://www.linkedin.com/in/fredpulzello