From:
Brad Houston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2013 11:50:51 -0400
Hi all,

The Society of American Archivists' Records Management Roundtable (RMRT)
Steering Committee is looking for records management-related proposals to
endorse for the 2014 SAA/CoSA/NAGARA Joint Annual Meeting, to be held August
10-16, 2014 in Washington, DC (original call for proposals at
http://www2.archivists.org/conference/2014/washington/call-for-session-proposals-archives-records-ensuring-access).
RMRT, as always, is able to formally endorse up to 2 proposals for the
Program Committee's special consideration, but this year in particular we
especially want to encourage our members and affiliated professionals to
submit proposals; the records management sessions from the 2013 meeting were
heavily attended and appreciated, and having another strong crop of
submissions will help impress upon the program committee (and SAA in
general) the importance of records management to the Archives profession. If
you have an idea for a records management session but are looking for
additional participants, please let me know; I can forward ideas and
requests for participants to our roundtable's mailing list if you are not
already a member of that group.

The deadline for submitting proposals to SAA is September 30, 2013; if you
would like a proposal to be considered by the RMRT steering committee,
please submit to us no later than October 4, 2013. Please send any proposals
or questions to me directly, [log in to unmask]  We look forward to reading
about your ideas and to another strong RM showing at SAA 2014!

Regards,

Brad Houston, SAA RMRT Chair, 2013-2014
University Records Officer
Archives Department