From:
Nina Osier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 2013 10:06:02 -0400
Good morning, all,

Some of you may remember me from my 25 years as Director of Records
Management Services at the Maine State Archives.  I've been retired from
there for 19 months (but who's counting?).  I now work in a part time
position at the Bennett Katz Library, University of Maine at Augusta, and I
love it here.

I've been monitoring the listserv since starting at UMA last November, and
I've finally joined because I had to weigh in on this discussion.  One must
be a list member in order to post!

The thing I loved most about my former position was the way change came to
me.  I never had to seek it out; in fact, I often said that change had a way
of trying to mow me down.  Things never became stale or boring, from my
first day to my last.

Keep up with technology.  That's the single best thing a records manager can
do in order to stay relevant (and employed).  My most difficult battles
during my State of Maine government years always began with someone making
the grand assumption that I only knew about, and should only be dealing
with, PAPER.

UMA's records retention policies are media blind, I'm happy to say.  Of
course I looked them up during my first week on the job.

Regards,

Nina M. Osier
Library Budget Manager