From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2014 15:56:54 -0500
FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bethany Cron <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 2:59 PM
Subject: [rmrt] [RMRT] Call for Volunteers: Functional Thesaurus Working
Group
To: SAA Records Management Roundtable Discussion List <

The Functional Thesaurus Working Group would like to request your help! We
are continuing our work to create an electronic thesaurus for use in
functional classification. Based on our research into finding aids and
records schedules to find commonly used functions/terms, we've added over
40 new terms to the thesaurus. We are using The Open Metadata Registry to
build the Functions and Activities Thesaurus for Organizations and
Institutions <http://metadataregistry.org/vocabulary/show/id/319.html>.

We are now in the process of confirming and validating the relationships
between the new terms we added and the existing terms. We currently have
over 400 terms that we need to review and validate. This is where you come
in! We would like to request help from roundtable members to help us with
this review. The review will involve looking at the terms and making sure
that the definitions are accurate and that the appropriate properties are
associated with each terms (i.e. related to, has broader, has narrower).

If you are interested in helping, contact me (Beth Cron
[log in to unmask]) and I will provide you with instructions. Thank you
in advance! Even if you don't have the time to help now, please go check
out the Thesaurus
<http://metadataregistry.org/vocabulary/show/id/319.html>and let us
know your thoughts. We would welcome any suggestions or ideas.

Thank you,
Beth Cron, Vice Chair, Records Management Roundtable (2013-2014)

Peter Kurilecz CRM CA IGP
Dallas, Texas
http://twitter.com/RAINbyte