From:
"Nemchek, Lee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2014 19:05:50 +0000
In a series of IG monographs I'm editing for ARMA, I've stated the evolution of IG this way (with apologies to Shakespeare):

The Eight Ages of Information Governance
2000-2006	Gestation
2007-2008	Infancy
2009		Toddler
2010		Adolescence
2011		Young Adulthood
2012- 2013	Maturity
2014		Overkill
   ?		Transformation

Lee R. Nemchek, MLS, CRM, IGP
Vice President, Enterprise Records Governance
Oaktree Capital Management, L.P.
333 South Grand Avenue, 28th Floor
Los Angeles, CA  90071
p +1 213 830-6252   f +1 213 830-8504