From:
Blake Richardson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 11:55:54 -0700
About a year ago I had the opportunity to share some time with a couple of
RIM folks that many on the Listserv know (they shall remain nameless for
purposes of this post) and discuss the future of RIM.  During the
conversation I proposed removing the word "Records" from our job titles,
department names etc, and referring to the folks in our profession and our
departments as "Information Managers"..the Information Management
Department - do we still have records managers for medium/large
organizations only managing records?  Do records fall under the umbrella of
information? (rhetorical).

I believe, even though it is 2014 that there is still a stigma concerning
records - I feel for many senior/executive level employees it still
conjures up images of centralized file rooms, file folders and cabinets.
 Can it be that the word "Records" is a hindrance to professional progress?

I would like to know your thoughts?

Sincerely

Blake E. Richardson, CRM, CIP