From:
"Bryant, Aaron" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2014 16:19:33 -0400
Colleagues,

We had a case that included a large number of pill bottle, prescriptions and other HIPAA information as evidence and now we can destroy them. We use Iron Mountain for our normal shredding, but they will not take the pills bottles because they contain expired medication. Has anyone else ran into this situation and what vendor (if any), or solution did you use to destroy the HIPAA information?

If you have any other questions, please contact me off listserv. If you have a solution that would be helpful to the group, feel free to reply to the listserv.

Thanking you in advance,

Print Less -> Go Green
Aaron Bryant
Firmwide Records Manager
T 859.303.3465
F 859.303.7476
B I N G H A M
Bingham McCutchen LLP
Global Services Center
1500 Aristides Boulevard
Lexington, KY  40511-1319

Confidentiality Notice: The information in this e-mail (including attachments, if any) is considered confidential and is intended only for the recipient(s) listed above. Any review, use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited except by or on behalf of the intended recipient. If you have received this email in error, please notify me immediately by reply email, delete this email, and do not disclose its contents to anyone.

Bingham McCutchen LLP Circular 230 Notice: To ensure compliance with IRS requirements, we inform you that any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used by any taxpayer, for the purpose of avoiding any federal tax penalties. Any legal advice expressed in this message is being delivered to you solely for your use in connection with the matters addressed herein and may not be relied upon by any other person or entity or used for any other purpose without our prior written consent.