From:
Nancy Maglothin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2015 12:48:06 -0500
Lexington ARMA Chapter, February 19th meeting featuring speaker,
Laurie Fischer, CRM, Managing Director from Huron Consulting Group

Topic: Breaking Down the Silos: A 21st Century Approach to Information
Governance

It seems like every law firm, software vendor and consultant is hanging
out the "Information Governance" shingle these days, offering a magic
wand to end all of your information management challenges. However,
if you ask five different people the definition of "information
governance", you are likely to receive five different answers! Despite
the hype and confusion, Information Governance is real, and defines an
organization's multidisciplinary approach to managing information as an
asset. If managed properly, information can bring tremendous value to
an organization. Under the information governance umbrella, records
and information management, legal and e-discovery, privacy and
security all come together to define the comprehensive approach to
managing information assets. The traditional, silo'd approach to
information management and governance needs to be replaced with a
holistic and all-inclusive protocol in order to reach success. Straight
from the trenches, Laurie will share case studies of what works and
what doesn't in evolving from a silo'd, tactical organizational mindset to
one that that breaks down the silos. The whole is truly greater than the
sum of the parts!

Please plan on joining us - we want to support the needs of our
regional ARMA chapters, as well as our Lexington and surrounding area
corporations, more in 2015. The meeting is a luncheon that begins at
11:30am and ends at 1:00pm. The cost for members is $17, and for non-
members is $20. For more information, please go to our website at
LexingtonARMA.com or call Dorothy DeLong, Chapter President, at (859)
858-8155. We hope to see you at the meeting!

When: Thursday, February 19
Time:  11:30 – 1:00
Location:  Joseph-Beth Booksellers
	Bronte Bistro Café