Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2015 10:29:46 -0600
“There’s no doubt that on the back of what happened in 2014, particularly
in the retail sector, the sale of cyber insurance has really accelerated,”
said Ben Beeson, vice president for cyber security and privacy at brokerage
Lockton Cos. The amount of premium spent on cyber coverage is estimated to
total about $2 billion now, he said, almost double the level 18 months ago.

“We’ve seen not only new buyers, but buyers of increased limits,” said
Catherine Mulligan, senior vice president and national underwriting manager
for specialty E&O at insurer Zurich. “Companies that were buying, say, a
$20 [million] or $30 million tower are [now] buying limits higher than
that. We’re also seeing that the sales cycle has shortened—companies are
making the decision quicker than they were four or five years ago.”

http://bit.ly/1CHjOdf
http://bit.ly/1CHjOdf+

--
Peterk