From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2015 13:18:42 -0600
ah yes parochial schools. yes we had to write the 100 times phrases,
paddlings, but one time I escaped any sort of punishment. Was about the 3rd
or 4th grade, I was a fiendish reader would read almost anywhere. anyway it
was post Christmas and I had received 30 Seconds Over Tokyo for Christmas.
I took it to school one day and was reading it during class (book was under
the desk. The teacher, a Bernardine nun, noticed what I was doing and
asked, "Peter, what are you doing?" being the honest sort I replied,
"Reading a book, Sister." she asked in return "Why?" ever the honest lad I
responded with "because you're boring Sister." now if you've ever listened
to George Carlin's routines about Catholic schools you would assume that
the wrath of God and the Sister would soon descend upon my head. Sadly no.
She stood there flummoxed and said "Well Peter put it away, now is not the
time."

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA IGP
Dallas, Texas