From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2015 11:42:55 -0600
fyi

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: A Shipman <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 10:34 AM
Subject: [RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK] A new ISO 15489 is available for comment
To: [log in to unmask]

For information:

The latest draft revision of ISO 15489 Part 1 is now available for review
until the 23rd March on the BSI website here:

http://drafts.bsigroup.com/Home/Details/54120

If you have not commented on drafts posted on the BSI site before you will
need to register first here:

http://drafts.bsigroup.com/Account/Register

ISO 15489 is the international best practice standard for records
management, so it is important we get the revision right and that it
reflects the needs of our professions. Anyone can make comments.  I would
encourage you to read this draft standard and contribute, this is your
chance to be heard.  Please alert any records management or archival
colleagues who may be interested and encourage them to comment.

For a reminder of the work on the revision to date, you can read my two
articles in ARC magazine (291-November 2013 and 295-March 2014) of the IRMS
Bulletin (176-November 2013 and 179-May 2014).

The BSI Records Management Committee will collate all comments and submit
them to the ISO working group.

Regards

Alan Shipman

Director

Group 5 Training Limited

Office: 01923-450527

Mobile: 07702-125265

Web: www.group5.co.uk

Outgoing mail certified Virus Free

Checked by Norton AntiVirus 2012 Version 19.2.0.10, using Automatic Updates

Registered in England and Wales No: 3227742  VAT No: 724 5189 29

Registered Office: Knoll House, Knoll Road, Camberley, Surrey GU15 3SY

To view the list archives go to:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK To
unsubscribe from this list, send an email to [log in to unmask] with
the words UNSUBSCRIBE RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK For any technical queries re
JISC please email [log in to unmask] For any content based queries,
please email [log in to unmask]

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA IGP
Dallas, Texas