From:
"Roach, Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 2015 19:17:15 +0000
>> How many different EDMS systems have you worked with?  Any gems(er high user acceptance)?<,

There have been a few over the years, major ones include:

 - Access Master (1985 - 1989, CAR, not a true DM technology)
 - Saros - the first enterprise DM software
 - FileNet - Image Manager & Content Manager (Saros)
 - Application Extender
 - Oracle IPM
 - OnBase (current platform)

In a past life we also created our own DM platform in 1994 for a large litigation support project because we could not find a suitable platform that provided the capabilities.  We used Excaliber Technologies PixTex EFS pattern recognition software for our OCR solution, Kodak 14" optical platters spinning on a jukebox for storage and a custom front end on a DB2 database for search and retrieval.  Images were all tif with matching text files for searching.  The solution provided direct access to images and case data stored on our litigation support facility in Mandan ND for folks in our corporate office, synfuels plant and our outside counsel offices in Michigan and Washington, DC via T-1 connections.

While the oldest, the Access Master application is still my favorite.  It used the Pick operating system which was the the pre-cursor to the relational DB.  It could do things in the mid-80's that our current ECM solutions cannot.  By far the best technical documentation solution I have ever worked with.

Bill Roach, CRM

Opinions are my own and not those of my employer or any other individual or entity.

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system.