Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 2015 20:14:03 -0700
Makes me chortle... All this professing from the NARA court about things they should be allowed to do and/or given reign over.

36CFR has given them the 'authority' to do certain things for DECADES and they haven't done squat.  For a long time, they've preferred to focus on the "1-2%" of Federal records that are Permanent and require 'curation'.

All the while, they've failed to comprehend these are but a subset of the overall Universe of Federal records, and in MANY cases, you cannot determine which records will have sufficient value to reach that distinction until later in their lifecycle.

In addition, NARA has always been known as the 'Land of the Unfunded Mandate'- they provide guidance and give direction to Federal Agencies, but there is insufficient staff or funds to comply.

Then, they broker inspections, issue reports, and again, no funds/staff to enable Agencies to comply.

Vicious circle if you ask me, one I've been fighting for nearly 20 years.

Private industry, and RMs who have come from there to work as Contractors to Feds have MUCH MORE practical experience and the majority of them have direct experience with successfully implementing compliance based programs for their organizations.

I think others may need to reconsider their stance on the value of have NARAs dwindling and aging staff move into Fed Agencies to "fix things".

Larry

Sent from MY iPhoneSeĆ­s