From:
mwhaider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 2015 14:29:30 -0500
Hello RecMgmt ListServ,
I am forwarding a message from my Imerge Consulting colleague Robert
Smallwood who is offering classroom training on IG and Managing Electronic
Records in the San Diego area. Robert is very knowledgeable and has a lot
of information to share in his training classes.
Please take a look below.
Mary

Mary W. Haider, MBA, CRM
Records & Information Manager and Consultant
865-983-1371

IMERGE Consulting and the *Institute for IG <https://www.igtraining.com/>* will
offer instructor-led classroom training in information governance (IG) and
Electronic Records Management (ERM) Feb. 9-11 at the University of San
Diego's Kroc Institute.

Robert Smallwood, the world's leading IG author, blogger, and trainer is
the primary instructor for the IG classes and Charmaine Brooks, CRM, will
be the primary instructor for the ERM classes. Ms. Brooks is a renowned
records management expert and contributed to Smallwood's pioneering,
industry-leading books, *Information Governance*
<http://www.amazon.com/Information-Governance-Concepts-Strategies-Practices/dp/1118218302>(Wiley,
2014), and *Managing Electronic Records
<http://www.amazon.com/Managing-Electronic-Records-Practices-Technologies/dp/1118218299/ref=pd_sim_14_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=51roqiSlkiL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR112%2C160_&refRID=0438Y11QMWTBRN27VEQ7>*(Wiley,
2013). These texts are being used to teach IG to graduate students at
leading institutions including the University of Oxford, San Jose State,
Michigan State, NC State and others. The books are also the basis for
Institute for IG corporate training courses.

We will hold IG Basics and ERM Basics classes on Tuesday, Feb, 9 at the
Kroc Institute overlooking the Pacific. You can gaze at the ocean's waves
during lunch and coffee breaks. Breakfast, lunch and coffee breaks are
included in the tuition price for the 3 day classes.

IG and ERM Advanced classes will be Weds-Thurs Feb 10-11. The training
syllabus will follow our standard course outline although we will have some
joint IG/ERM sessions, group discussions, guest speakers, and live software
demonstrations (so attendees get some ‘live bullets’ experience).

This is your opportunity to prepare for and pass the IGP exam in February
2016.

Attendees earn a Certificate in Advanced IG or Advanced ERM from the
Institute for IG. CRMs can earn up to 18 ICRM credits. IGP credits are
available.

Housing options include *nearby hotels in partnership with USD
<http://usdpartnership.com/> *and also the new *Hilton Garden Inn
<http://www.hgioldtown.com/>*, which opened last month and is just a brisk
walk from the USD campus. Or you can use Air BnB and take Uber to class
each day!

Request more information at *IGTraining.com <https://www.igtraining.com/>*

Robert Smallwood

*Managing Director*