From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 2015 10:37:49 -0800
On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 9:41 AM, Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I am glad you are back and better than ever.  I heard your Bar B Que grill
> is not even speaking to you due to your long absence.

Thanks Hugh-

I am back, and better... but NOT better than ever.... if you've seen
"Napoleon Dynamite", think of Uncle Rico and his musing about "...don't you
ever wish you could go back..." =)

As for my grill (and smoker!) , we had to part ways for about 6 weeks, but
we became fully reacquainted after that.  Now we're like peas and carrots
(thanks for that one, Forrest Gump!)

See your knee and my heart, we aren’t getting older, we are getting
> stronger.

I'm starting to think Colonel Steve Richards (or Officer Alex Murphy) had
it right... get everything replaced at once, not realize it's happened to
you, then return to life as "The $6 Million Man" or "Robocop" and never
have to suffer the pain of rehabilitation and physical therapy.

But yes, we *ARE* getting stronger.

As you know, while you were gone………. electronic records became a thing.

REALLY?!?!?!  I was sure this was going to die a quiet death and we'd NEVER
hear any more about it... I'm going to have to catch up and see what I've
missed ;)

> The next challenge is “Important Records”   ….what should we do??  Hmmmm
> The last resort record for the common man.

Important, eh?  I hear the new RIDICULOUS battleground is the use of the
term "Essential" as opposed to "Vital"... sounds like NARA is caving into
NARAGA and  COSA after many years of battling over who 'owns' the
definition of the term... and in a large part, its due to the Federal
adoption of FCD-1 as the guiding position on who has what responsibilities
when it comes to whatever these records are called... and FCD has weighed
in that it should be essential.

As has been said before, Hugh... "the more things change; the more they
stay the same"

Larry

--
Larry