From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Mar 2016 11:47:31 -0700
On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 5:52 AM, Glen Sanderson <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> How do you know if the re-boxing charges are legit?  There is no proof,
> you have to take their word for it, what do you do? I know switch vendors.
> I would at least like to see a picture of the boxes and for all I know it
> may be the vendors fault for how they are storing them. Any suggestions?

Similar to some of the comments form others:

You have a CONTRACT with your service provider
     they should NOT be doing anything that isn't covered in your contract,
and
     they CERTAINLY shouldn't be billing you for it if it's not

You knew the condition of your boxes when you sent them to this service
provider
     unless you have had a high level of activity pulling and returning the
boxes, they shouldn't be damaged
     IF they were damaged by THEM moving them while in their custody, they
should bear the cost, BUT
     they should NOT be handling and moving your materials from box-to-box,
without first securing your approval

Your boxes likely have internal coding/markings on them that have value to
you
     are you paying them to transfer all of that information as well?
     are you paying them to generate new labels and bar codes?
     are you paying them to update the inventory database for seat location
changes or ?

It sounds as if the limitations of the 'services' you're provided is
periodic access to your holdings, and an invoice.  If your service provider
isn't making face time with you, maybe you should be (at least quarterly)
making face time with them and your holdings.  Go to the facility, ask to
see where your holdings are housed and look at other things adjacent and
the condition of those boxes.  If they don't seem to be in disrepair, I'd
ask why yours are.

If they can't answer your questions to your satisfaction, I'd request a
credit for any charges you didn't advance authorize. AND if you don't have
a clause requiring contact PRIOR to re-boxing or notification if a box is
damaged, you should add one.

Larry
--
Larry