From:
"Seibolt, Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 2016 23:30:43 +0000
Carmen,
I didn't see if anyone mentioned the average height and lifting strength of the records staff as a factor. I didn't see David Steward comment on this aspect and he is the person I learned it from. Decide if the records whether they are boxed or open filing are at an appropriate height of the people who work in the records center and will handle the records on the shelves.

We have a rolling ladder and our mobile shelving meets the other height requirements for fire systems etc. When I see in our database a box is indexed to the top shelf of a column I am never thrilled at the prospect of retrieval especially if the box is heavy. Our mobile shelving had horizontal space constrains when constructed. I would have considered building the mobile shelves one shelf lower in height. We can handle it but I always remind our folks to take it extra slow and easy on retrievals from the top two shelves.

-Rob Seibolt
This message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by facsimile, e-mail or phone and delete all copies of the message.