From:
Brad Houston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2018 12:16:40 -0400
Hello all,
!

On Thursday, March 29 at 12:00 CDT, join members of the Society of American Archivists'
RMS steering committee in a discussion on “What RMs Want: Records Managers On What
They Wish Archivists Knew About Them (And Vice-Versa)”. Experienced records managers
Dennis Larsen (retired, formerly Records Manager for the University of Wisconsin-Colleges
and Extension) and Connie Schumacher (Content and Records Manager, Argonne National
Laboratories)  will answer questions about their experiences in records management
environments in which archivists are removed from the immediate administrative hierarchy,
but still interact with the records management staff to fulfill organizational and research
mandates. Records Managers in such environments often have very different concerns and
priorities than records managers also working as or under an archivist. During the hangout,
we will examine those priorities and determine how archivists can work to help meet them,
as well as how these different perspectives can benefit an organization’s archival program.
(As a municipal records manager under the Milwaukee City Clerk but with working
relationships with at least two different City archival or quasi-archival repositories, I will
weigh in on this as well!)

To tune in live to the hangout, please watch the RMS Blog (saarmrt.wordpress.com) for a
link to the YouTube live page; following the discussion, the recording will be available at
that same URL. RMS staff will be monitoring the page feed and social media for questions
for our speakers; please use the #saarms hashtag on Twitter to ensure maximum visibility
for your question, or leave it as a comment ahead of time at the RMS Blog
(saarmrt.wordpress.com).

I am especially hoping that subscribers to this list will consider viewing the hangout live and
asking questions/sharing comments, as it will give us an opportunity to incorporate
additional perspectives.

Please feel free to forward this announcement to any interested parties. Thank you to the
ARMA-Milwaukee, ARMA-Madison, ARMA-Northern Illinois, and ARMA-Chicago chapters for
their help connecting me with local speakers.

Regards,

Brad Houston
Document Services Manager and Records Officer
City of Milwaukee
Milwaukee, WI