From:
Tod Chernikoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2018 14:54:20 +0000
Erica wrote:

"Has anyone had any success implementing a "big bucket" retention schedule at financial or banking institutions?  I would like to consolidate our schedule from hundreds of categories to dozens, at the very least.  However, this seems almost impossible when there are so many financial regulations that might only govern retention for one or two specific record types..."
____

Erica:

I don't know about in the US regulatory environment, but about ten years ago I was working with a client (bank) in South Africa that had, with the help of outside counsel, created a retention schedule with only 13 series.  Unfortunately, I am not able to share the details due to client confidentiality issues. I did ask the outside counsel if I could share, but alas the answer was no!

One practitioner I have worked with on this topic is John Isaza of Rimon PC<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__rimonlaw.com_team_john-2Disaza&d=DwIFAw&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=3YcMgqGybMLzyEZShwsWl9ZSlShrcSNJ0ZIv4MJ5CBE&s=aQJdwke4mqxXERMhF3F1nEZSYJWLoXn44yRYTaHCORM&e=>.

Good luck in your quest.

Tod Chernikoff, CRM, IGP, CIP
Silver Spring MD
www.twitter.com/tchernik

***These comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my family, friends, employer or any other organization I am associated with. ***