From:
John Frost <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2006 21:47:20 +0000
Mine wasn't in boxes, but in the records center. I was the records manager for a Parish (county) government in Louisiana. We had motion detectors as part of our alarm system and I was regularly driving over to the center late nights to meet a Sheriff's deputy and look through the center, only to find that mice were getting in and tripping the alarm. We tried for weeks to locate their point of entry but to no avail.
One night at about 2 AM I get a page to come down to the center. The deputy and I walk in and head for the area where the specific sensor tripped. We noticed the door to the utility closet was open (must have been left open by Maintenance), but the sensor had a direct line into the room. Turning on the light in the room I see a three foot Copperhead devouring a good-sized mouse!
Needless to say, after taking care of our friends, we discovered their point of entry...one of the pipe outlets in that room behind some equipment was not sealed completely and there was a nice sized hole going to the outside. A little cement and some steel wool brought an end to our late night adventures.
Sincerely,
John Frost, CRM