From:
Sharon Burnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2007 14:21:01 -0800
Lots of thoughts and opinions on this question. Interesting. And good.

I do some of the work that many of you dread - litigation support
specifically in the areas of e-doc production and email searches. I've never
been asked to just produce declared records. I think if I ever made that
suggestion we'd really all have a good laugh - my heavens if you read a
subpoena duces tecum, they're after everything including the kitchen sink!

That said, any company that does not pay attention to its entire information
flow should. The Federal Rule changes affect us all (I keep being asked why
I care because we are privately owned - the law applies to everyone). I
think the first time your legal team & management has to participate in a
meet and confer, they're going to wish they had you create your flow charts
from the beginning. There really is no further room for any rifts between IT
& records management or Legal. The pie is large...there is a slice for
everyone.

Rock on!
Sharon Burnett
Seattle WA