From:
Bruce White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2007 17:11:33 -0600
On 1/17/07, Sharon Burnett <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
<snip>
Lots of thoughts and opinions on this question. Interesting. And good.  That
said, any company that does not pay attention to its entire information flow
should. The Federal Rule changes affect us all (I keep being asked why I
care because we are privately owned - the law applies to everyone). I think
the first time your legal team & management has to participate in a meet and
confer, they're going to wish they had you create your flow charts from the
beginning. There really is no further room for any rifts between IT &
records management or Legal. The pie is large...there is a slice for
everyone.
<snip>

From a legal /discovery standpoint, I think most everyone on the listserve
will agree with you; everything should be viewed as a record.  But looking
at this through my ECM glasses (which at times reminds me of looking through
the old Kaleidoscope toy I had as a child and gives me a massive headache)
not all documents or, more appropriately "content," are considered records.
I think that's where Steve's challenge lies - making that distinction...

--
Bruce L. White, CRM, PMP
Houston, TX