From:
WALLIS Dwight D <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2008 15:30:00 -0800
Larry, we're all pretty much saying the same thing. We are utilizing our
professional background to make informed decisions in the best interests
of our stakeholders.	When I use a vendor's service, I know exactly
what is required, exactly what I am willing to pay for, and exactly the
risks I am willing to take. Just as I refuse to buy into rigid
"paper-less" scenarios (as opposed to smarter "less paper" ones), I try
to minimize both cost and risk as much as possible. Achieving both isn't
always possible, so one has to prioritize. IMHO, commercial records
centers of various stripes are simply additional tools to throw into the
mix, each having their place, their strengths, and their weaknesses.

Hugh, you raise an interesting location issue - similar to grain
elevators. However, I doubt Al Qaeda is targeting record centers right
now, and I can think of other things that have more of an impact on
global warming than burning record centers - if everyone runs home to
BBQ today after reading some of these earlier messages, well, you catch
my drift.....

BTW, I really appreciate the effort and contributions you have both made
in this area.

Dwight Wallis, CRM
Records Administrator
Multnomah County Fleet, Records, Electronics, Distribution and Stores
(FREDS)
1620 S.E. 190th Avenue
Portland, OR 97233
Phone: (503)988-3741