From:
Mike Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 21:01:59 -0400
Friends,

You are invited to participate in the revision of the ARMA-sponsored Code
of Professional Responsibility (1995).  This activity is being led by
ARMA's Professional Issues Committee, and it is now taking place.  All
records and information professionals, whether ARMA members or not, may
participate.  To do so, please go to
http://www.arma.org/about/overview/ethics.cfm and follow the directions
given there.  We are particularly interested in ethical principles related
to use of technology and to ways to make the existing code more clearly
international in scope.

If you will be at ARMA's annual conference next week, you can provide
suggestions in person:  Monday 1:30-3:30 in Room 203C or Tuesday 10:00 to
Noon in Room 203C.  I will be there to meet with interested persons as will
Alan Andolsen, who is also a member of ARMA's Professional Issues Committee
and is also undertaking leadership of the revision of the Code of Ethics of
the Institute of Certified Records Managers.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this activity.

Thanks,
Mike

J. Michael Pemberton, Ph. D., CRM, FAI
Chair, Professional Issues Committee, ARMA International
The School of Information Sciences
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
451 Communications Bldg.
1345 Circle Park Dr.