From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:25:40 -0700
Lawrence of Livermore, aka Larry (Funky Cold) Medina, a .44 magnum works
well on plastic mice also.  A derivative benefit is the stress reduction
associated with this activity (Go ahead Mickey...; make my day!).

I was thinking about getting a .50 cal magnum hand weapon last year
when they hit the market.  My oldest brother was visiting and asked why
I needed a .50 cal.  I thought that was an unusual existential inquiry,
especially from an electrical engineer.  Here is how this conversation
went:

Dave: (electrical engineer brother; lives in MO)  Why?

Steve: (records dude)   Because.

Dave:  Because the .44 mag is not powerful enough?

Steve:   I need them both.  Every year a few bears and mountain lions
come into town here in N. Nevada.  If Yogi Bear wants my picnic basket,
he'll have to eat lead as an appetizer.

Dave:  You have a shotgun, 3 rifles, 2 .357 mags (1 is an ultralight),
a .40 auto, a .44 mag, and now you need a .50 mag?

Steve:  You are trainable.

Dave:  Seems like a waste of money.

Steve:  Waste of money?   You supported your son for the 8 (yes, eight)
years it took for him to get his undergraduate degree, and then you
bought him a new car as a graduation gift!.  You are a better "Daddy"
than the Yankees to the Red Sox!  Seems like he spent more time spinning
records of 'industrial' music as a student DJ on his college radio
station then he did studying.  Now he has an interview at a low-rated
radio station in KC; which, if he gets the job, will earn less than I
pay clerks to remove staples!  And I am wasting money?

Dave:  That's beside the point.  How many guns do you need?

Steve:  It is more than sheer numbers; nature of the weaponry is
important also.  If Osama shows his head, I may get only one shot.  I
need to make sure I have sufficient firepower for the job.

That was the end of the conversation.  We took my boat out on Tahoe
after that; drank some brews, but did not see Yogi or Osama out there.

Hot August Nights is coming up here in Reno in the next week.  Hot
rods, hot music, poodle skirts, lots and lots of fun.  All three of my
brothers are coming out here for it this year.  Two are electrical
engineers, and the other is a configurations engineer.  I am a records
dude; just the facts maam!

I hate paper for record media purposes.

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM
Records Systems Manager; City of Reno

On 7/25/05, Allen, Doug <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> See, if those who were using paper, would no longer use it, the mice
would
> have to move on! A good thing for those who "hate paper"... :-)

I'm afraid I must STRONGLY disagree... almost every electronic record I
have
created and/or managed has involved a mouse at some point in the
process.
Now, in most cases, these mice don't produce "droppings", but they do
leave
"trails"... in fact, in the control panel of most operating systems,
users
have the ability to customize mouse trails.

<snipped to save bandwidth.  Larry's drivel, unlike mine, has no
enduring value.>