From:
Tracey Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:50:08 -0400
My organization is in the process of updating our Records Management Policy and I noticed we are lacking any hold criteria.  I think there are only two reasons or criteria for determining if records should be kept beyond their destruction date: 1) If the owner of the record determines there is an ongoing need to retain the record for business purposes, in which case the retention period would be changed, or 2)If the record, as determined by the owner, is related to any known or ongoing investigation or litigation involving the organization. If the record is determined to be related to such an investigation or litigation, it will be kept until the termination of any such investigation or litigation.

Can anyone think of any other reasons to retain records beyond their retention dates, please advise.  I would appreciate any and all comments.

Respectfully submitted,

Tracey Ann Black
Records Administrator, MMWEC
www.mmwec.org
 <mailto:[log in to unmask]> mailto:[log in to unmask]
1-413-589-0141 x272